
My Latte (cappuccino & milk) has been in peril these days. This cappuccino machine (and the one I had before it) came with a perfect little carafe. Perfect except that they break very easily. (Insert some soft, very sad music here.) After breaking the first one I searched high and low for a replacement carafe- after all, you can buy replacement glass pots for coffee makers- why wouldn't someone sell a replacement cappuccino maker carafe? I still wonder why... I never found one. Finally I gave up and sent the old machine to Goodwill and bought a whole new machine, just for want of a carafe. So, when I broke the second carafe, I wept. (...music gets louder, stronger, maybe even tragic) I had been so careful with this delicate flower. In my defense, all I was doing is pulling the lid out, which had dropped down inside. It didn't seem particularly rough, but the thing just fell apart in my hands!
Well, I wasn't about to buy a third machine, just for the carafe, so I started experimenting. (music switches to silly clown music) I have a mug that fits perfectly, but it's a bear to pour, so I was constantly making a mess or burning myself. I had some pourable containers, but they were either plastic (not good at this heat- they'd probably give off hydrocarbons and give me coffee cancer) or wouldn't fit. (circus music stops, slow, serious, sorrowful music begins) *sigh* Ug. It's bad enough to have this kind of problem, but to have it in part of my morning caffineene routine was enough to drive me to Starbucks, which I love, but I'm really trying to save up for an ipod!
(music takes a triumpant turn)

Then, I saw a beautiful jewel on the Wal-mart shelf . Call me crazy, but this little glass one cup pyrex measuring cup has brought me great joy! It's less than three inches high, it's pourable, and it can take the heat! YAY! My Latte is Safe Again!
0 comments:
Post a Comment