Friday, October 10, 2008

Ode to Jana

We have this wonderful, glorious friend named Jana. By some stroke of luck she's fallen in love with my son, NJ, and seems to geniunely enjoy keeping him once a week or so. It's clear to me that she cares more for NJ than she does for me. But that's the thing about being a mom- I'd wouldn't have it any other way.

Jana is an amazing and thoughtful friend! She's constantly asking if I need some time/can she keep NJ for me! What a welcome relief a few hours here and there are! Jana works at Starbucks and frequently showers me with generous Starbucks gifts. (a Hot Venti 3-pump Cinnamon Dulce Latte is the key to my heart!) Recently, when we were gone on our marathon camping trip, John and Jana stopped by the house a few times to throw the paper inside and check on everything. John and Jana are really wonderful friends!

I'm so spoiled, it's hard to imagine life without John and Jana.

One day, a few weeks ago, my hubby walked in from work and told me John and Jana got the transfer they've been wanting and would be gone in a month or two. Granted, it had been a hard morning, but I literally broke down crying. Even today (not a particularly rough day), I'm temped to cry when I think about them leaving.

So, even thought this technically isn't an Ode- here's to you! Come see us sometime soon! We miss you already!

0 comments:

Post a Comment