Now that I'm not sitting at home alone every day, my blogging has really fallen off. But then a day or two ago (I can't remember those kind of details) yet another person (I can't remember who) confessed to me that he/she is a silent reader of my blog! I think that brings my total audience up to 6! In addition, another friend of mine has started blogging (although her blog appears to be more of a scrapbook type blog- you know the type: useful, fun for relatives to read, positive... not at all like my sometimes cynical stream of consciousness). So, I have a renewed interest in blogging.
I've been thinking more about all those details I can't remember. It seems to be a systemic problem that's only getting worse. Deanna likes to call her memory problems pigeon brain, but mine is much more severe than forgetting a few words here and there. I think I actually had pigeon brain before pregnancy, but once the pregnancy fog (a real condition) set in, my brain turned to mush. Everyone told me about the forgetfulness that comes with pregnancy, but only one person was brave enough to disclose the fact that it doesn't go away postpartum. No one, I repeat, NO ONE dared to tell me that it would continue to get worse with time. Ah... the things no one tells you about motherhood... they are too numerous to count. Perhaps like Gretchen, my brain is full, but it seems unlikely since I only have one child. Perhaps not everyone suffers from this memory malady. Perhaps I have a serious cranial impairment... I'm going to settle on calling it MMB: Mushy Mommy Brain.
My MMB usually manifests itself in simple ways: I walk the 7 steps it takes to get from my kitchen to my office only to forget why I was going there for. I drive the grocery store without a list because I only need two things, but when I get there I can't remember either one. I call my mom to ask her something, but forget what it was in the time it takes her to pick up the phone. (It's shocking how often I do this.) In the end, my MMB rarely causes any real damage, at least none that I can remember. It seems like maybe there was something...
0 comments:
Post a Comment