Friday, October 17, 2008

Baby to Boy

NJ was able to consistently say "yeah" for 'yes' and shake his head for 'no' in response to several questions today!

Do you want a drink?
Can I get a high-5?
More green beans?
Do you want to take a bath?
Can I have a hug?

I thought for sure he'd gotten it mixed up late tonight when he was sitting on my lap with a sippy cup of milk for his wind down time (it helps avoid the night terrors). All the sudden, he was no longer content. I explained to him that as soon as he was done with his milk, we'd brush teeth and go to bed. Then I asked, "Are you ready to brush teeth and go to bed?" and he says, "Yeah" with a big smile. So, we brushed teeth and I put him to bed and he seemed incredibly relieved to get there. YAY!!! HIP HIP HOORAY! What a relief to think we might finally be at a stage where he can at least answer yes or no questions!

Since before I got pregnant I've been looking forward to the day my baby could talk. I'm not really a "baby-person" (you know the type) and, as much as my mother can't believe it, I don't find caring for a baby all that rewarding. Think about it with me: he cries, he poos, he bites your nipples... what's rewarding about that? But I also know that once the baby becomes a kid, it gets a lot more fun. So, today I declare that NJ has graduated from baby to boy!

Bring on the fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment