I'm so excited! NJ's 2 year old birthday party is tomorrow! His birthday was actually in August, but with the crazy travel, doing a birthday party in August just wasn't going to happen. I was really sad about it until my husband suggested that we just do it in September- why didn't I think of that myself?
NJ's always been fascinated by airplanes so I decided months ago that it had to be an airplane party. My favorite part of all this is, by far, making NJ's cake! My mom always made us shaped cakes when we were little and I love the thought of continuing the tradition. (Maybe after I finish scanning all of my mom's old photos in I'll post of pics of hers too!) My mom acted as a babysitter and sous-chef, baking the cake and mixing the ice for me (I seriously could not have gotten this done on my own).
I started by searching the internet until I found a plane I liked. Then I blew it up on my printer, transferred the pattern onto wax paper, cut out the wax paper, laid that on the cake and cut out the cake. Then I drew on some of the interior lines with a toothpick and started icing the darkest parts first. Each time I was ready for more icing, I asked mom to make it a little lighter. I used a pastry bag to just make little stars all over the cake and that’s it! Didn’t it turn out nice? I’m so excited for tomorrow!!

2 comments:
It looks **awesome**!!
I love it! (Kathleen Hill)
Post a Comment