Tomorrow, my younger son will be two weeks old. It's been a long two weeks for sure, and I'm making it harder on myself by trying to get the taxes sent to the accountant before my mom leaves tomorrow and feeling guilty about not having the baby announcements done yet. But I want to take a few seconds to record a few thoughts before they're lost forever.
Today it occurred to me that the newly crowned Big Brother has started some interesting new things (besides the understandable neediness). First, he's started the "why?" game, but spices it up a bit by throwing in an occasional "what kind?" even if it doesn't always make sense. He's also started beginning many of his sentences with "Well..." and interrupting any adult conversation to ask, "what are you talkin about?" Mostly, he's just talking constantly! It's very cute but a little exhausting too.
The other thing that's struck me is just how big he really is! Every time I see his hands I just can't believe he's soooo big. His hair is so thick (I've always know it was very thin), his legs are so long, he knows so many words, he's so curious. It's all quite wonderful. I only wish I'd relax and enjoy him more instead of fussing at him for taking it too far.
Baby brother is also wonderful and a true blessing, but I really look forward to the day when they're both walking and talking, entertaining themselves with Lego blocks and playing together. I can't wait to take the boys camping and to the park. I want to feel good enough to play soccer with them in the back yard and chase them around through the sprinklers.
1 comments:
I really love this post!! :)
Post a Comment