Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Running Head: ON BEING A PROFESSOR

Hopefully some of you can laugh at a little APA humor.... why do we use APA anyway?

So I just finished my second week of teaching last night and I have to say, it's soooooo much more work than I expected. It's fun and I like it, but I'm really looking forward to the second time I teach the same class so there won't be so much invention involved!

I think the most satisfying part of it is seeing the students learn the material and enjoy it. I had several of them tell me that they were enjoying the class and one student even told me how NOW she understood why she should have learned algebra, "but algebra always used boring examples- not interesting ones like this class!" WOW!!! SO COOL!!!!

And so, I press on. I'm working way too many hours these days (suddenly I have three buyers all interested in purchasing a house), but it's all good stuff and Grandma has been nice enough to come over for four days and help out with NJ. I asked my husband several times, "When you invited your mom over, did you tell her I was near a melt down? I think she deserves to know what she's walking into." "Did you mention that I needed help? I'd hate for her to plan on a relaxing vacation only to find me totally unavailable the whole time she's here." "Did you ask her if she was ok playing with NJ all day every day?" I never got a straight answer from the hubby, but my MIL is here and doing soooo much to help, so I maybe she just knew.

Maybe it all just seems like so much because I'm sooooo dog-gone tired. How is it that I forgot how tiring the first trimester is???? I wasn't going to forget anything (ha!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment