Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Buffalo Wing Cravings

So, it's looking like the food item of choice this pregnancy is going to be buffalo wings- with NJ it was cheep fried fish. It seems like every day I'm thinking about hot wings and trying to figure out how I can snag a few- not that I haven't been craving some fish too. The problem is that the good places for wings here, The Native New Yorker and Buffalo Wild Wings, are both sit down joints. I don't think they even do curb-side carry out! Although, honestly, as tight as our budget is these days, carry out isn't very practical either. So, I made Lacy's Buffalo Chicken dip! It's SOOOO yummy and has really hit the spot. Another plus is that I can use the leftover Frank's Red Hot Sauce as a dip for my chicken fingers. In case my cravings are contagious, here's the recipe:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained (or a rotisserie chicken, shredded)
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar cheese

Celery (for dipping)
Tortilla chips (for dipping)

Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl mix the chicken, cream cheese, ranch, hot sauce, and 1/2 the cheese and blend.
Spread the mixture in a glass/pan.
Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until cheese on top is completely melted.

1 comments:

Lacy said...

lol...I craved hot wings with E and again with this pregnancy. Infact, I made some today using breaded chicken (frozen stuff from Sam's), Franks, and butter. It was GOOD. I might have to make the dip now that you mentioned it. = )

Post a Comment