Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ten On Tuesday

Have you heard of Ten On Tuesday? There seems to be a couple variations on the theme- some people do a top ten somethings, others have ten questions to answer about yourself or life.  I like the idea mostly from a getting-to-know you perspective, but for all those other reasons too.

So, here we go.  This list of questions comes from the Roots and Rings blog:

1. If given the opportunity, would you choose a mediocre job that paid well or your dream job that paid poorly?
-A dream job that paid poorly. I've had a mediocre job that paid well. I cried a lot. As a side note, I wonder where motherhood fits into that spectrum...

2. What is your favorite thing about the 4th of July? (For the foreigners: What is your impression of the 4th of July?)
-I wish it was camping, but we never seem to go on the 4th anymore.  I'm pretty sure my mom's favorite thing is watermelon and my husband's favorite thing is fireworks.

3. What’s the most random fact you know about American history?
-If I bothered to remember it then it wasn't random to me.

4. What is the best fireworks display you’ve ever seen?
-It was a little town near my granny.  I was young and the fireworks were up close!

5. Who taught you how to put on makeup?
-I'm not sure anyone ever taught me- perhaps it's time.

6. Have you ever gone through a financial planning process? Tell us about it.
-Yes, over and over. I love it- I'm sick that way.

7. What was your favorite outfit as a kid? Bonus points for pictures.
-I had this little dress when I was super young (I wonder how old I was). It was the color of orange sherbet and every time I saw it I wanted to wear it. I remember thinking it was soooo pretty!  Unfortunately, it was also very itchy, so I never wanted to wear it for long.

8. Do you prefer a beach, lake, swimming pool, or no water?
-I guess a swimming pool, if it's just for an afternoon.  However, if we're going to be there a few days, a beach.

9. Do you recycle? If not, why?
-Kinda. I've started a compost bin and I try to remember to bring my own bags to the grocery store, but Yuma doesn't offer any sort of recycling service so I guess the rest is just too inconvenient.

10. What are your thoughts and feelings about the Twilight Saga?
-I liked the books but haven't seen the movies for fear of them ruining the books for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment