Monday, June 28, 2010

VBS

I tried to ask NJ questions when I picked him up from VBS each day this week- I've gotten some pretty strange responses...

MONDAY:
Me: "So what did you learn about today?"
NJ: "We learned about Jesus! But he's not here."
Me: "oh yeah, where is he? Is he in your heart?"
NJ: No, he's in the other class."

WEDNESDAY:
Me: "So what's your favorite part of VBS?"
NJ: "playing outside"
(I'm pretty sure they only play outside BEFORE VBS, when he's in a 1/2 hour of childcare while I'm getting the craft room set up)

Me: "Tell me about the story time! What was the story about?"
(I knew it was Luke 10:25-37, so I was hoping to draw the story out of him...)
NJ: "The man got BEAT UP!!! He got beat up, mommy!!"

THURSDAY:
Me: "Tell me about the story time! What was the story about?"
(Again, I knew it was Luke 11:1-3...)
NJ: "he had no bread and he was knocking and knocking"
Me: "Oh, the man was knocking on his neighbor's door to ask for bread? And then what happened?"
NJ: " He kept knocking and knocking"
Me: "And then what happened?"
NJ: " He kept knocking and knocking"
Me: "And then, eventually, his neighbor came?"
NJ: "No, then the Eagle came!!!"
(I have NO clue what he's talking about!)

FRIDAY:
ME: "How was VBS today?"
NJ: "Can I listen to my VBS music now?"
(He was more than a little bit tired by then)

0 comments:

Post a Comment