Today was NJ's first day of preschool! While I am super-excited about it (as I am all things 'school') I think NJ was a little apprehensive, as evidenced by our early morning conversation:
NJ: "Mommy, I don't think we have to go to preschool today."
ME: "I talked to one of the other mommies and, did you know, you're having cupcakes in school today for her daughter's birthday?"
NJ: Well, I suppose we could go."
Ha! I've never been so happy that someone would be feeding my child cupcakes!
He still seemed a little reluctant on the drive over, but we got there crazy early (the only way I get anywhere on time anymore is to be 1/2 hour early...) so he had a few minutes to play on the playground with some other kids. I think that melted his fears because when we went into the classroom, he immediately sat down by another boy and started playing cars. I actually had to pull him back over to me to say goodbye (and remind him to follow the teacher's instructions).

A few people have asked me if I was going to cry or did I cry. This is such a strange question to me. I think this is a wonderful exciting day! My boy is growing up and it's great! Why in the world would I cry? Perhaps this comes back to me not really being a baby-person. My mom LOVES babies- I mean she's crazy about them. She'd love to pick up and cuddle every baby she sees. I know other people are like that too, so I guess for them it's a little sad that their baby is growing up. However, I don't relish the baby stage. It's so much work and so little payoff (and so little sleep). I'm much happier with a walking/talking/potty-trained son. So, it many ways this is a relief for me. I feel like we've passed all the big baby hurdles and now it really starts to get fun! Maybe I'll cry out of joy when my 2nd (and last) goes to preschool. (I think he weighs the same as some of the other preschoolers- 23 pounds now...)
Now, I suppose I should make the most of this time and go vacuum or do something else productive...
0 comments:
Post a Comment