I went out front to pull the trash can in and told NJ that if he went and got his shoes he could water the potted plants. But when he came back with his shoes he accidentally locked the deadbolt instead of opening it. Then he couldn't figure out how to get it unlocked. Of course, I have no keys, the back door's locked (plus there's a pad lock on the gate- can you see a big pregnant lady trying to scale the wall?) and my cell phone is in the house.
I tried to get him to unlock it but he said he couldn't. He said, "Mommy do it, Mommy do it" and started crying. I started contemplating how easy it would be to break into my house through a window (I'm always telling my hubby that's how any bugler would get it) and then realized that NJ can barely reach the deadbolt. So, I told him through the door to go get a step stool. (For some reason, he choose the one from his bedroom- the heaviest and furthest away.) I guess the added height helped because he got it open. *sigh* I have a house key in my bra now (stupid maternity jeans have no pockets!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment